Sierra from All My Woes has nominated me for two blogger awards. The Blogger Recognition Award and the Sunshine Blogger Award. It is with pleasure that I accept both awards from this outstanding blogger. This is a lady who believes she is not a writer. Well, I have news, Sierra, you are definitely a writer! Check out her blog!
I will let the Blogger recognition questions stand as is, and I will ask 11 new questions for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I will nominate 11 bloggers to receive BOTH of these awards.
- Thank the nominator, and publish a post on your blog about receiving the Blogger Recognition Award. Make sure to provide a link to the nominator’s blog in your post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 10-15 other bloggers for this award, and inform them of their nomination.
I. How I got started
Well… let’s see how many of you remember this story! I will not be offended if you skip ahead! I ended up in the hospital in September of 2012. I was diagnosed with idiopathic pancreatitis. I spent seven days in the hospital. I spent the following two years being hospitalized and having seven surgeries. To make a long story short, I lost my ability to write complete sentences. I also lost most of my memory from that time.
I began blogging to learn to write again! Slowly and carefully, my writing skills returned. I even published a book! If you want a good read with space to record your thoughts pick up a copy! 😉
II. Two pieces of advice for new bloggers
Two pieces of advice… let’s see.
- You do YOU but don’t forget to read other blogs. Comment or at least give a ‘like’ so the blogger realizes you visited their site. We all work hard on our posts, and once it’s published, we want to hear what other’s think.
- Write from the heart. This is a personal blog. If you want to organize, promote, or sell a bunch of products that mean nothing to you, you can still blog. You’ll get followers that do the same. But. You won’t experience the true meaning of blogging, and more importantly, understand what it’s like to be part of a tribe of bloggers who support each other no matter what. That is truly a genuine experience personal bloggers get to be a part of.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so that others can find them.
- Add the award logo to your blog.
- List the rules.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the award and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
1. What was your reaction when you found out you had been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award?
I received the sweetest message from Sierra. She had nominated me for this award and the Blogger Recognition Award. I had received the Sunshine Blogger Award a few times in the past, but her kind words moved me to accept again. Thank you, Sierra.
2. What motivated you to start your blog?
(See above, Blogger Recognition Award!)
3. Who inspires you, and why?
Dana Skully. Seriously. She could handle Fox Mulder and the X-Files while maintaining her composure, professionalism, and looked stunning at the same time!
4. What is your best advice for a new blogger?
(See above, Blogger Recognition Award!)
5. How has blogging changed your life?
Oh my!!! Well… I never got the whole ‘my internet friend’ thing. I get it now. I understand it! I have found my tribe. (Maybe they found me?)
6. Would you rather hike a mountain or lay on the beach?
Beach! Beach! Beach! Mexico! Mexico! Mexico! “That drink better have an umbrella in it barkeep!”
7. Are you a cat person or dog person?
I like cats, but I LOVE dogs. Guess that’d be my answer…dogs.
8. Tea or coffee?
I’m Norse, coffee that you can chew, please.
9. Pepsi or Coke?
10. If you were in a band, what instrument would you play?
Rock Band? The bass guitar. High School Band and Marching Band? I played the drums, all types in the percussion section. (Small school, you do what you gotta do!)
11. What is your favorite time of year?
I’m a sucker for rain! Love rain, storms, lightning, thunder … summer I guess. And I do live for flip flops, yep, definitely summer.
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- What is your personal favorite post on your own blog that you’ve published up until today? (Link it!)
- What time of day do you dread?
- Have you been on the vacation of your dreams or still planning it?
- Name your dream car!
- If you see a penny on the ground, do you pick it up?
- If you could pick a book title (actual or fabricated) to describe your life over the past 10 years, what would it be?
- What is the song title that best describes your life over the last 10 years?
- Ever thought of going vegan?
- I have to know, do you still have a landline???
& Don’t forget to answer the Blogger Recognition Award questions!
My nominees for both awards…
- Wendi @ Simply Chronically Ill.
- Jo @ Storms Can Be Beautiful
- Gwen @ Kintsukuroi Life
- Karen @ Graceful…Not
- Caz @ Invisibly Me
- Steve @ MSich Chronicles
- Tom @ Tom Being Tom
- Billy @ Superman Can’t Find a Phone Booth
- Nikki @ Brainless Blogger
- Marie @ Create Space
- Bojana (are you accepting, Bo?)
There are four others, but I know they are not able to accept awards right now… wishing the four of you peace, comfort, and clarity!
I look forward to reading your answers!